Difference between revisions of "Ancient Egypt"
(Created page with "Ancient Egypt was one of the most splendid ancient civilizations that settled in the Valley and the Delta of the Nile, and during different periods extended its influence from...")
Revision as of 00:16, 15 January 2015
Ancient Egypt was one of the most splendid ancient civilizations that settled in the Valley and the Delta of the Nile, and during different periods extended its influence from ancient Mesopotamia to the fourth cataract of the Nile.
Geographically Ancient Egypt is divided into:
- Lower Egypt to the north in the Nile Delta
- Upper Egypt south in the Nile Valley.
Chronologically Egyptian history can be divided into:
- Predynastic Period, Early Dynastic Period and Archaic Period (up to 2700 BC)
- Old Kingdom (between 2700 B.C. and 2250 B.C.)
- First Intermediate Period (between 2250 BC and 2050 BC)
- Middle Kingdom (between 2050 and 1800 B.C. A.C)
- Second Intermediate Period (between 1800 BC and 1550 BC)
- New Kingdom (between 1550 B.C. and 1070 B.C.)
- Third Intermediate Period, Period Late Hellenistic period (between 1070 BC and 30 BC)
- Roman Period (30 A.C and 640 A.D.)
The History of Ancient Egypt as a nation begins with the unification of the cities who settled along the Nile around 3200 BC and lasted until the Roman Empire finally ended his identity. When in 535 A.D. the worship of the goddess Isis in Egypt was banned File already had practically lost their culture.
Are you going to visit Egypt? These are the best views in Egypt sorted by area: IN CAIRO
- The Pyramids
- The Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum Cairo
- The Valley of the Kings
- Luxor and Karnak Tutankhamun
- Temple of Hatshepsut
ON THE NILE CRUISE
- Temple of Edfu
- Temple of Kom Ombo
IN or OUT ASUAN
- Unfinished Obelisk
- The Aswan Dam
- Abu Simbel
- The Library
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria