History of Ancient Mesopotamia
- (10000 BC / 8000 BC) is the time of the Natufian culture that stretched from the Euphrates to Egypt.
Neolithic == ==
- (8000 BC) Neolithic begins to show in Mesopotamia with the earliest evidence of agriculture and livestock.
- (6000 and 5000 BC.) Livestock and agriculture are fully consolidated in Mesopotamia and the first cities. It is the time of Umm culture, and Hassuna, Samarra and Halaf culture cultures.
- (5000 and 3700 BC) Eridu culture develops over the years and began the Ubaid period.
For further information see: The Neolithic in Mesopotamia
== == Historical Period
- (3500 BC / 2800 BC) Upgrade Uruk, denominating this time as Uruk period. The wheel was invented and about 3300 B.C. He began cuneiform used. History starts in the region of Ancient Mesopotamia, while the rest of the world was still in the Prehistory. And culture of Sumerians is distinguished, with city-states as Uruk and Ur.
- (2800 BC) period begins Sumerian and called Dynastic Archaic and historical development and splendor of the Sumerian cities in southern Mesopotamia.
- (2350 BC.) Start the Akkadian empire.
- (2100 BC.) Resurgence of the Sumerians.
- (2000 BC.) Rise of the Amorites
- (. 1792 BC) Hammurabi in Babylon takes power and begins its expansion Mesopotamia and its surroundings.
- (1595 BC.) Babylon was conquered by the Hittites.
- (1360 BC.) Rise of the Assyrian empire.
- (612 BC.) Babylonian conquest of Nineveh, the capital of the Assyrian Empire. Starts called Chaldean Empire.
- (538 BC.) Persia Cyrus the Great to conquer Babylon and head ends the Chaldean empire.
IF YOU LIKED THIS WEB OR HAS BEEN HELPFUL FOR YOU, PLEASE HELP US AND LINK US FROM YOUR BLOG OR SHARE US IN THE SOCIAL NETWORKS
RATE THIS ARTICLE
Please rate from 1-5 stars this article if you think that it is useful or if you liked it: